Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Obama the Lightweight?

Can't say I suspected this. But Barack Obama might have been exposed as a debating lightweight at Rick Warren's Saddleback Church last week. The Investors Business Daily is no biased report. They're into financial news and opinion. Read here for why Obama lost.

Oh, and stay tuned for my next post entitled, "Why I will not be voting for Barack Obama". Oughta be interesting since now that my mom has been turned on to my blog - and she's a big Obama supporter - so I have to represent as they say. But I promise to speak the truth in love.

Another reason I'm figuring that Obama hasn't won over the heartland is his background. He always seems to be from somewhere else. Somewhere we can place, for sure, but not somewhere we know. Through (mostly) no fault of his own, he's a journeyman. David Brooks of the New York Times agrees.

Jodi Kantor offers that though he's surely not an intellectual lightweight, at the law school where he taught for 12 years he was unwilling to put his ideas on the debating table but rather cultivated a separateness that made him hard to place ideologically - but which made it easier for him to run for office. A good article.

Sounds like a man either on a mission or with a scheme.


Baruch Hashem! Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: