Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My sister got married...

In a way this blog entry should have been an occasion to rejoice for her, but I just discovered something this week: I am estranged from her.

Yet what perplexes me is why didn't I know this?

I was not invited to her civil ceremony wedding. She called and announced her marriage to me days after the fact. Wow. He is a Muslim and a foreigner. She is a Christian, a hurting one it seems, but a believer nonetheless. Still, I would have loved to have been there. My parents would have, too. But she has turned her back on them too, it seems.

Lots of soul searching and self examination this week. I am hurt and a bit wounded by what has trasnpired. But I am still happy for her.

Well, it looks like I've got some work to do...my sister has something against me.

Matt 5:23-24:
Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.


"Baruch Hashem! Maranatha! Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: