Friday, May 9, 2008

Interesting devotional from Tabletalk

This entry in Tabletalk magazine from Gene Edward Veith is interesting. Hadn't really given serious thought to the seven deadly sins as variations of misplaced love. But when you think about it, if I love food more than I love myself, I'm bound to be a glutton and obesity is sure to follow. If I love me more than all others, pride will not permit me to accept that I have an obligation to laud others before self. Anyway, you may read here:

Mother's Day is around the corner and I must admit - more than anything else - to having not taken enough time out of my busy schedule to see my elderly parents. One day they'll be gone, and I hope won't have any regrets about having not visted them enough. (Excuse the double negatives!) But I'll catch them this weekend, Lord willing.

No comments: