What is it with the Main Stream Media? Don't they get it? The unwed pregnancy of Sarah Palin's teenage daughter is a non-story for FIVE good reasons. As an evangelical, pro-lifer, pro-gun, pro-marriage, conservative Black minister, the I see nothing in this story to suggest that Sarah Palin is unqualified to be Vice President of the United States.
1. After all, Bristol Palin is keeping the baby. The liberal MSM cannot fathom this. Why not invoke a little Planned Parenthood action and abort this "mistake"as Obama called a paradigmatic potential pregnancy of his own daughters, right? But Sarah Palin, by virtue of having five kids, has set the example for her daughter that childbearing and by extension - child raising - is a fundamental virtue.
2. Bristol Palin and her boyriend plan to marry. The liberal MSM and the blogs cannot fathom this either. Marriage? They are aghast. Well, welcome to Mainstream America, MSM! In Mainstream America we have babies. We marry and are given in marriage. We would prefer that they were done in the proper order, as Christians ought to prefer, but should some exigency arise, we cover ourselves in Christian love. We don't run from God - we run to Him - and to the family structure He has put in place from the Garden of Eden to Bethlehem to Anytown, U.S.A.
3. The double standard is so alarmingly obvious. Doesn't the media care about being even-handed here? Cut the Palin's some slack. When the Clintons, the Carters, and even the Obamas, said, "Hands off our family!" to the media - they obeyed. And why won't the MSM or the liberal blogs touch the John Edwards "baby daddy" story? What's going on here?
4. What does this have to do with being VPOTUS? Crisis management perhaps? There is not a shred of anything political going on with this story.
5. The liberal bloggers and the MSM have terribly, terribly misunderstood the issues of LAW and GRACE on this story and on human fallenness in general. The MSM and the leftist bloggers think there's a whiff of hypocrisy in Sarah Palin's parenting because of this so-called "mistake". Christian children in a strong, Christian family shouldn't be fornicating, right? Well, let's go there. No one in their right mind - much less a Christian - would want their teenaged daughter pregnant at 18. But if the guy she was with loves her, promises to marry her, and will accept the responsibility of husband, father, and provider - so be it. Christians realize that what this young couple are doing is appealing to God's grace and mercy rather than running from it. Heh, looks to me like Mrs. Palin could enforce a shotgun wedding if she wanted to, know what I mean?.
But God's grace is applied here because in their own way, the Palin's understand the weightiness of the Law and how it's been broken. Their remedy is to acknowledge the kids's failure to abide by the law against fornication by accepting the consequences: have the baby and get married -even before they're fully prepared. Hey, if you're going to act like married folks, then get married. But you know what? God can and will bless them with a recovery - if they would but acknowledge their wrongdoing!
On the other hand, Liberals would flout the Law of God by denying there's anything morally wrong at all with fornication. Then they would compound the moral drama by aborting the baby, and thus destroying a life (tissue, they call it) rather than accept the Law's consequences. Consider this: in Islam, they would kill the young woman for this act - yet among liberals, they would kill the baby. Liberals see the Law of God as the problem and human autonomy as the standard. So since they cannot live within the Law of God, they live without it. Yet, they are exasperated that Christians even try to live within the Law of God - despite obvious human fallenness.
They are exasperated because A) they don't like the gravity of God's Law because they think sinning is much, more fun - or B) they don't like a condemning Deity over them giving them guilt-trips all day long - that's because they don't understand how amazing God's grace really is, or - C) they can't understand why anyone would not want to be like them!
Then there's the Black family that, in Solomon-like tension, tries to cut it both ways. Even the socially Christian among us accept the Law's consequences, but then we push the burden of those consequences onto the rest of the taxpayers by not requiring our sons and daughters to marry and accepting single parenthood and government social services as a matter of course. Or, chillingly, we go to the abortionists at a rate that would make Josef Mengele blush. These are facts. And as long as these remain our primary choices, the Democrats will always love Black people.
But when you understand Law and Grace - as you should if you are attending a Bible-believing church - you're not alarmed at the Palin's predicament 'cause you know it's gonna all work out - especially if you do right by God and His Word. Evangelicals and Christians in general understand this. The MSM doesn't. Liberal Bloggers don't. Black people - in the main - do not.
Yeah, I said it.
1 Corinthians 7:1-2
Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Baruch Hashem and Soli Deo Gloria!