Thursday, June 26, 2008

Trials, Frustrations, etc.

Turned down - again - for a job that I really wanted. To say that I'm frustrated is a monumental understatement. As has been the case lately, I'm qualified to do the job, I pass the written tests with flying colors, I interview very well, but somehow, someway, I'm just not the person they want. What to do? The Lord sends good counsel. Friends tell me to "hang in there" and "be prayerful", and remind me to be cognizant that "He has something else for you", but I really wonder how long can I hold out? Is there true virtue in enduring with patience?

I used to chuckle at the story of Abraham and Sarah and their waiting on the promised son from Yahweh. Yet trying to connect a "voca", as in calling or vocation, to an actual job has been so inexplicably difficult, I too, find myself pushing forward in rank Sarahaic unbelief to get something - anything - going.

But, alas, the Word is my counsel and the Holy Spirit my salve.

"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

I shall continue to bathe in prayer my requests to a wise God in this: that I may find a meeting of vocation and employment. That He may be glorified in whatever field I am called. That my heart should not waver in trusting Him to do his good pleasure for my life. And that I should not be moved by what I hear, by this report or that, but only that I should keep in step with the Spirit, pray unceasingly, cast my burdens onto Him, and rejoice - knowing that His preparation requires my patience.

There. That's better!

Baruch Hashem and Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: